Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Introducing The Causeway Collective.

Happy Loi Kratong, Blog Sisters & Brothers!

Before I leap fingers first into Sunday's blogging - now Monday - let me take this opportunity to say my first 'Hi'. Sorry ... how rude of me. What can I say? Many thanks for the great contributions and 'fan mail'. A shout-out to some very special visitors, mymail.airasia.com. That's right. Quite a few from HQ pop by to check up - also
'Life-Jacket', the omniscient insider & 'Mile High', my eyes in the sky, be good to yourselves and the TFCO2.

I hope that you're cool and keeping your heads down, remembering the genuine AA-MI3 suicide-donut pep talk.

Janet Leong at 'AA' - you're monitoring things - and also fighting fit too, I hope! A lot more for you below this message. Anyway, back to the blog guys - up those rankings.

The expose about Air Asia not being transparent and forthcoming in refunding passengers is l-o-n-g overdue and long in length but really demands to be read. Well done to The Star for picking it up. It won't slither away this time.


I'm pretty much off the Evil Empire's case as of today and handing the site to the The Causeway Co-Op [some hotshot brand builders of today & tomorrow who can benefit from reverse engineering Air Asia vis a vis marketing, advertising and PR. With Air Asia being so hugely, hugely profitable and vulnerable by continuing to treat people with disabilities like shit, along with a plethora of other shonk, I can't think of a better mark. This episode opened my eyes wide.

As to the sweepstakes, I'm putting a countdown clock up today as my last act. Cheers guys! Be good, and most importantly be honest, give credit where credit's due - and the boogie lawyers can't touch you [... unless you're in Malaysia where you can see all sorts of magical things occur].

I look forward to updates.

A. Horribilis Esq.


And an Open Letter to Air Asia ....

AirAsia friends - before you go. If you find any specific
factual errors in any of the Co-Op posts - or pull up your socks - please don't hesitate to leave us a message and they'll amend them. By far and away, the bulk of the material is in existence in news articles, journals and the like - not forgetting your website which is always a source of inspiration and laughter!

Anyway, we cannot vouch for originating authors' accuracy
100% - albeit we make every attempt to use reputable sources [and accept the consequences if we get it wrong]. You've always had my number and email. Frankly, your input would be welcome.

If your PR Dept informs the new guys they have access to a press liaison person, that would be sweeter than Tony when the cameras are rolling. Will you? Won't you? Hell, we'll tap out equally honest, substantially positive things if you communicate them.

And they clear the BS detector.

For example, we've done considerable research on today's blog entry, yet unable to find any article other than the one letter to The Star that evidences any attempt by AA to educate passengers to those refunds you're sitting. If you would be so kind as to help.
If all those thousands and thousands of US$50 have been going to charity, then you're stuffing up all over by not communicating.

Forgive me for asking all this here in an Open Letter; however, you'll probably be aware that my emails to your Director of Marketing went unanswered. Not a problem, he's more likely the sort to take an Alpha-Aggressive-Ostrich approach.

You can leave matters of opinion, parody and lambasting to the guys who take the reigns today, Two-Phase-Tony himself and the community of bloggers. Your airline cost me a dream holiday - and a hell of a lot more actually - and drove me insane, but it taught me to blog. And I've met an amazing bunch of people. Go figure!

This exercise is one of exploration - tapping into 2.0 - and quite Zen, until any mention of your 'guest support' people.(-;

"Blogs are simply the most explosive outbreak of information since the Internet itself and they are going to shake up every business, including yours."
- BusinessWeek




Take care.

A.Horribilis

No comments: