Thursday, 11 October 2007

Online Gambling - Air Asia Style






















Before we go on with the story, let's
consider what I lost in financial terms alone versus what Air Asia offered by way of compensating me for the 'inconvenience' attributable to that airline: I had booked a return flight for two to Singapore from Bangkok; I canceled this trip because I couldn't even wrangle a confirmation on the flight that I had requested on three occasions [it finally arrived after the flight had lifted off! Seriously.] The Singapore leg was 7,700 THB. Further to that I also 'booked' Krabi, Singapore, Lankawi and Hanoi at the promotional price of 1THB - so consider the opportunity cost - which went the same way.

There I was under the impression I had procured a number of promotional fares from Air Asia, but 'lost' them due to technical difficulties in Air Asia's IT system. In spite of having screen caps of each purchase - not to mention the evidence on their own servers - I was basically told it was simply my bad luck. I didn't see it as being quite that simple.

You can't put a price on the holiday that went up in flames - not to mention the look on your girlfriend's face when you both decide Air Asia isn't able to even send a confirmation - I'm still at a loss as to why - and your dream ten-day holiday is sacrificed rather than risk ending up stranded. As I write this, I am supposed to be having a massage at Banyan Tree resort with my girlfriend, followed by an afternoon's sailing. So, you can probably imagine my reaction when some PR guru at Air Asia offers me two [yes, 2] tickets on Air Asia - to any destination - by way of an apology for screwing my vacation.
As if it isn't bad enough purchasing Air Asia 'food' at ludicrous prices.

Large photograph courtesy of web designer and fellow blogger http://www.ekobana.com/public/home/
http://ekobana.com/blog/htsrv/trackback.php?tb_id=37 Small photograph courtesy airlinemeals.com

No comments: